Strawberry leaf problem

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strawberry leaf problem

Could someone please tell me whats up with some of my strawberry leafs.
    If you could please take a look at the picture.

Thanks

looks like the frost has damaged them a bit. Nothing to worry about.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
      looks like the frost has damaged them a bit. Nothing to worry about.
      but i bring them in around 6/7pm

Comment

The wind is pretty nippy- wind chilled then?
        How old are the plants?
        Strawberries are exceptionally hardy- have they been indoors all winter?
        If so , they will take a while to harden off- but don't worry- new growth will come from the crown ( centre)
        I've yet to chop off all my dead leaves from my outdoor plants- and will just be left with what looks like a nobble of dead 'stuff'- until the new growth bursts forth!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

It could be last year's leaf. They get a bit raddled by the weather but they will be replaced by new ones. Never heed!
          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

could they be over-watered?
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
              could they be over-watered?
              no i dont think ive done that. I think cold wind is the best explaination, new leaves are starting to come though now so ill see how theses end up

Comment

I agree with all the advice above - dont worry about them they will be just fine :-)

Comment

sorry to bump this but all other leaves are starting to go the same and i end up with a soft leaf..

Someone said feed high in nitrates.

But its already potted in compost/bonemeal

Comment

i know what the more experienced grapes mean it does look like normal winter type cold/frost damage but when you look at the pic enlarged is it on the new growth? its hard to tell from pics but the old leaves are usually really really dark green and when the new leaves come it they are much lighter.....straws are really hardy as a rule and i honestly have never managed to kill one yet! i tend to just use a general fertiliser on mine with moisure retaining compost and tomato feed later on. Do you usually use this compost/feed mix? I have read on here that you can damage roots with certain of the granulated fertilisers or manure which has not been rotted enough....this might show in the leaves? sorry i have only been growing stuff for 4yrs its just a thought

Comment

Far too cold to feed strawberries yet. Picture looks like soft growth killed by wind chill. My outside ones are hardly growing - they KNOW it will snow.

My greenhouse ones are fed and about to flower.. but they are in with tomatoes and heated at night..

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X