No announcement yet.

Seed Compost: Is It Necessary?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never used it I just use multi purpose compost, never found it an issue

Comment

i bought some wilko gold it was rubish they say it is woodland compost well thats what it was lots of big twigs and lumps, i use multi purpose i think you have to look around to find a compost you like i have tried a few and now found one at a local garden centre which i like and get good results,it's my second year so last year was my first and i thought it was me when i was not getting good results .

Comment

Originally posted by pip1954 View Post
        i bought some wilko gold it was rubish they say it is woodland compost well thats what it was lots of big twigs and lumps, i use multi purpose i think you have to look around to find a compost you like i have tried a few and now found one at a local garden centre which i like and get good results,it's my second year so last year was my first and i thought it was me when i was not getting good results .
        Yes, you only make that mistake once - it was total rubbish. I ended up mixing it with home made compost.

Comment

i have not used seed compost as when i first started,i was given a big bag of mpc,and found that it was fine.tried some of the peat free compost against my usual brand(not dear stuff) and the peat free one was rubbish and it had cost me pounds more than the usual,wont go there again until they get them right.

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
            I use MPC mixed with perlite, I crumble it all together like cake-making, very theraputic - I also sieve if really fine stuff is wanted. I top (when seeds are sown) with vermiculite.
            Snap. Snap is too short to post so double snap.
            Why didn't Noah just swat those 2 greenflies?

Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
            >
            >If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

Comment

I usually use MPC with perlite mixed in.
              If you have seed compost then mix it with perlite or vermiculite roughly 50 50 that way the seedlings are not trying to grow in too heavy conditions.
              Izi.

Comment

Originally posted by BUFFS View Post
                i have not used seed compost as when i first started,i was given a big bag of mpc,and found that it was fine.tried some of the peat free compost against my usual brand(not dear stuff) and the peat free one was rubbish and it had cost me pounds more than the usual,wont go there again until they get them right.
                Please don't judge all peat free by one bag of inferior quality. Although some of it is rubbish there are manufacturers who have got it very right on all counts. I have grown all my plants in New Horizon peat free for about 5 years (possibly longer) and I wouldn't use anything else.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X