Raised Beds

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uulwyn View Post
    Thanks a million for this kind offer, and thanks to everyone for there words of wisdom, but alas ive decided just to bite the bullet. It's only £20 per 1m by 1m and i only need 2...Thats how big my lawn at the back is, but at least i wont have to buy them again, everything else will go into tubs!

Thanks everyone
    It's a bit far for 2 1m beds - but if you were nearer.......I'd have them for you tomorrow afternoon

Comment

Carrying on this thread guys, i have now placed my raised bed 1m by 1m, 15cm high, and have dug down around another 20cm below this. Now my soil is very rocky and filled with clay, so drainage is causing me issues as when it rains i am having a puddle form 10cm below the raised bed. Is this going to cause me issues?if so how can i improve the drainage of the soil as I dont want anything sitting in alot of water, or will the soil i place in the raised bed just absorb it?

Comment

You need to dig in a quantity of gravel into the bottom 20cm to add drainage, deeper if you can manage it.
        If a thing's worth doing, it's worth doing to excess

Comment

You could also use pallets, I did and got them free, found an old bit off of the back a kitchen unit (we had just replaced kitchen) as the bottom and then lined it with recycled compost bags. Its surprising what you see the potential in when you start gardening!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X