No announcement yet.

Drying beans

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i've got a clothes dryer thingy - they go for really big ones here ..which has a plastic netty tray thing for drying wool sweaters etc flat...and its great for the beans...not that they need much drying - its been so dry here this year.. just dont hang damp clothes over the top.......
    http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...gs/jardiniere/

Comment

Can you dry beans above a woodstove, or is that too warm ? It's the only source of heat in my house, and damp is a real problem...
      There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

Snohare, you don't need heat as such, just a lack of moisture ... how about rigging up a platform kind of thing hung from the ceiling? I'm thinking of a Sheila's Maid kind of effort

Last edited by Two_Sheds; 11-09-2009, 07:27 AM.
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

We had really bad damp in our understairs cupboard [the house was built in 1880]......until I got one of these [see the top 2 items]

de-humidifiers - clean & protect - Lakeland, the home of creative kitchenware

I might pop it next to my trays of beans for the next few weeks!
          Last edited by zazen999; 11-09-2009, 07:34 AM.

Comment

This is my first year for intentionally leaving beans to dry.Some of the pods look rusty,is this normal & are they still OK?
            the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X