Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine look like that too.

Comment

Most of the ridge and outdoor cucumbers have spines on the fruit. Even when you harvest them they will have little spiney bits, but they just brush of and you end up with a smooth cucumber. Don't brush them off before you harvest. I have started harvesting cucumbers and they are the sweetest cucumbers I have ever had. There are about 5 more ready on the 3 plants, they are only about 5" long.

Ian

Comment

Hi
        Like gojiberry, I'm growing Marketmore and they do get lumps and bumps with little spines. If you eat them small then you can just brush them off but if you eat them "full size" peeling would be better. If you have a wormery, they will be eagerly awaiting any cucumber cast-offs....
        best wishes
        Sue

Comment

thanks once again guys, im suprised that this is normal as the BIL is also growing cucumbers for the 1st time so he must have missed this stage of his growing! do cucumbers grow slowly? my prickly things dont seem to have changed for a while now, do they get their "energy" through the flowers on the end of them as some of theones we have arent opening anymore (

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X