Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

great thanks MB

Comment

If you've got fresh manure, make a HotBed out of it: dig a hole, put in manure, put soil on top, plant seeds. The fermenting manure heats up the soil and gets the seeds off to a good start.
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I meant sow seeds. You plant plants.
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Have a look at http://www.moongardening.cwc.net. ( Nothing to do with me )

Enter the site and half way down the page on the right hand side is a list of countys, click on a county and you will see a list of where you can pick up manure locally. All southern countys at the moment, might be worth a few emails to the site to get others added.
          Ozzieboy,

Raised on a farm, Live in a Town

Can`t get enough of my Lottie

Peace and Quiet with Countryside sounds

Comment

great site - thanks very much

Comment

Originally posted by rhubarbontoast View Post
              Obviously I am aware of the actual source, however, I am cow, horse and chickenless. I am always reading about well rotted manure and dumping loads of it on the soil. Being of northern extraction, I don't want to shell out for it at a garden centre- do you just roll up to your nearest farmer and ask for a sack or two? What do other people do?
              Have you tried looking in your local paper (or free-ads) classified section? Or you could try your local Freecycle website. Or there may be a riding stable near you which will be more than happy to get rid of the manure. You may have to collect it though

Comment

Has anybody ever got any from a race course..? They must accumulate some on race days. There is one very near to where i work.
                Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

I collect mine in bags from a local stables, others on the site use a riding school who ask for a donation for Riding for the Disabled. That's a good cause and is OK by me but generally I object to paying for something that they would have to pay themselves toget rid of. That's probaly the Tyke in me.
                  Digger-07

"If you think you can, or think you can't, you're right" Henry Ford.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X