Tumbling Toms/100's & 1000's - root trainer or 3" pot

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
    Miss out step 3 - go staight to 3" pots after true leaves appear (do not pass GO - do not collect £200!)

Ha hah ah ah a

What she said!!!!!
    Serene she stand amid the flowers,
    And only count lifes sunny hours,
    For her dull days do not exist,
    Evermore the optimist

Comment

Originally posted by Storming Norman View Post
      Six pots of the same bush tomatoes, all planted at the same time, is a lot of eating - they tend to mature all at once I can recall from my last planting [3 of these]. I gave loads away.

If you don't have a big family it might be worth trying to space this out a bit - some grown in the propagator and some not perhaps?

Just a thought.

Ann
      You can never have enough tomatoes , turn them into soups (and freeze), passata, sun dried toms (err done in the oven) chutneys etc, cant wait, it better be a better year this year

Comment

Cool... I'll miss out step 3... that means eating them is a step closer already

Chutneys and passata sound great if I end up with loads of em.

Hmmmm I'm already hatching more plans about growing more toms (got some Money Makers seeds) in a growbag at the side of the garden fence and getting a £7 Aldi plastic growhouse thing just for them! Maybe alongside some peppers...

Oh dear I think it's going to spiral out of control and her indoors will end up with no room to sit out on the decking and the lawn will disappear

Cheers!
        My Blog My flickr

Comment

I've germinated all my differnet types of toamtoes (trying a few to see what grows best up here) in an unheated propagator on windowsill - all up today planted last week
          Elsie

Comment

Yep - I've sown a lot last Sunday and they are starting to peep out now. No heat but the sunshine, no propagator but a poly bag. Gardening really can be inexpensive!
            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

cherry tomato pasta sauce ... yummm

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X