No announcement yet.

Loo roll convert

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my sweet peas are in loo rolls, have done this the last couple of year...and they look good! I microwaved the loo rolls this year....and it has def made a difference!
    "A cat sees no good reason why it should obey another animal, even if it does stand on two legs."

Comment

Can anyone who microwaves their loo rolls tell me please - do you just put the rolls in the micro or do you put in a dish of water or something as I thought you couldn't microwave without a little liquid of some sort. I would like to have a go as although successful, they have gone a bit mouldy.

Comment

Sanjo: do them dry. About one minute, but watch 'em
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Thanks Two Sheds. Will give it a go. Could do with a new microwave anyway!! Sandra
          Last edited by Sanjo; 22-03-2009, 06:34 PM.

Comment

What a good tip about microwaving them. I daren't tell OH that's what Im planning to do - he thinks Im strange anyway. LOL!
            Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Yay! Fellow nutters I've been saving loo-roll and kitchen-roll tubes for the last 6 months or so (got family saving them for me too!) Can't wait to see DH's face when I stick 'em in the 'Nuker' LOL
              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

I'll zap mine when the mrs is at work, saves having to put up with her smirking at me and rolling her eyes

Comment

I've just started saving the loo and kitchen roll tubes... I don't think OH will be impressed when he discovers the stash!

I've also just read a thread about using soft drink bottles as cloches which seems like a great idea.

Is there one, all encompassing, thread for bits and pieces that can be re-used instead of going into the recycling or household waste?

I've been searching for one but haven't come across one yet. Having said that I'm a newbie to the forums so not sure if I've missed it or whether it's not feasible due to the way the boards are sub divided!
                  http://vegblogs.co.uk/overthyme/

Comment

I started collecting loo rolls ages ago, started by stacking them on the cistern, had the entire cistern covered four deep and five high about ten wide. It's a large cistern

I didn't really think how weird it looked until I had to have my washing machine fixed and the repair man asked to use the loo,

wasn't until he left I realised why he gave me such a weird look when he came downstairs

I moved them to a bag under the stairs

Comment

I keep mine in one of those pop up bags, holds loads lol
                      Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                      and ends with backache

Comment

Glad i'm not the only'nutter' with a loo roll collection fetish...for growing plants in I hasten to add.yes hilliannie runners love them,and peas,french beans,sweetpeas. half or quarter size for beetroot...the list is endless.I've tried root trainers(cos I won some)but the veggie seem to prefer the loo rolls!

Comment

I had to stop friends and family giving them to me as they were taking over the conservatory I'll use them for my beans and peas methinks this week. I have a load of tomatoes in some as I've nearly come to an end of my fibre pots I got last year. Loo rolls and kitchen rolls are a cheaper option, but now I'm starting to wonder if I should ask friends and family to start saving them again
                          Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

I read somewhere about putting a used tea bag at the bottom of the roll - is there any benefit to this? Sorry if it's a daft question, I'm just starting out!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X