X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got some lovely manure - now what?

Hi there,

I am hoping someone can advice me!

We have just had delivery of 2 ton of 3 yr old manure on Saturday and keen to get it on the ground.

What do you suggest we do as we are so close to sowing/planting & how soon can I sow after I have put the manure into the ground?

Currently, I have only covered a small area with a bed of manure on top.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Giley

I'm in the process of applying between 4" and 6" of FYM to my tunnel at the mo. I just spread it on to the required depth then rotavate / dig it in - having previously dug over / rotavated the soil underneath. Some of the floorspace will be covered with groundcover and pallets to sit all my seedlings on, but the rest will just be planted up as per normal - first to go in will be lettuces.
    If it's three year old FYM there should be no scorching or burning of plants.
    I've done this the last two years and have never suffered any problems whatsoever.
    Rat

British by birth
    Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
    http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

Yes, it is indeed well rotted... it is more like peat/compost and doesn't smell...

I was just worried that it would be too strong and upset things.

I don't have a greenhouse etc, so will be sowing directly into the ground... I assume that will be fine then..

Many thanks

Comment

I would use it as a mulch and plant through it!
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Many thanks for the replies... Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.

I am up the plot on Saturday,so I will carry on mulching the rest of the beds.

Giley

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X