Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm trying not to get depressed but argh!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi gryfon, i've just had a look at your blog and was just wondering if you are concidering putting a concrete base down for your greenhouse would it be possible to re- locate your greenhouse where your patio is going to be so getting rid of the weed problem and putting the patio over where your greenhouse is now.
    ---) CARL (----
    ILFRACOMBE
    NORTH DEVON

a seed planted today makes a meal tomorrow!

www.freewebs.com/carlseawolf

http://mountain-goat.webs.com/

now in blog form ! UPDATED 15/4/09

Comment

The reason the greenhouse is down the bottom of the garden is because the garden is east facing. So that end gets the most sunshine. Also the back wall of the greenhouse was already there and I don't think next door would be too impressed if we blocked off more sunshine from them

I think I'd only spray where there is going to be no growing, so around the side and back of the greenhouse, under the floor and in a couple of other places.
      Rachel

Trying to tame the mad thing called a garden and getting there I think!

My Garden Mayhem...inspirational blog for me I hope! - updated 16/04/09

Comment

Gryfon,
        I read your first post and was about to say what are you doing in my new veg-garden-to-be ?! Except we have nettles as well ! I went out there today, its just been fenced off from the farmers field it used to be part of and its a warzone of rocks and every kind of evil weed. I am going to use mostly raised beds so will work to get the asparagus crowns in first while the rest gets smothered in weed fabric until we can manage each bit at a time, according to when we need to plant things. Got seeds for everything I want to grow, but dont think they'll all get into the ground this year. I will put some easy/quick things in, to make sure we get something nice to eat this season to keep us motivated.
        I'll watch out for your progress, good luck !
        odd notes about our kitchen garden project:
        http://www.distractedbyathing.net/tag/garden/

Comment

Originally posted by Creemteez View Post
          Desperate times call for desperate measures, luv. Get the Round-Up out! It's not as bad as some weedkillers and breaks down on contact with the soil according to the blurb on the canister. (Please don't all shout at me!)
          Im not shouting I agree! If I hadnt used Round up veg plot would still be full of japanese knotweed. I am hoping never to use it again but it was flipping useful at the start
          WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X