No announcement yet.

Do plants need light and dark periods?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do plants need light and dark periods?

Hello everyone, sorry not sure where to ask this.

I want to put two solar lights (not very bright lights, more a glow) in my garden beds to light-up the plants at night.
    My question is, do plants need light (day) and dark (night) periods? will having lights in the flower beds at night effect the plants and how they grow, at the moment its Foxgloves and Hardy Geraniums.
    Odd question i know, just got me thinking if plants need the dark time to rest, bit like us.

Thanks,
    rootball (Richard)

PM sent about vine update.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

They will be fine with the solar lights,the plants will still get the darkness. The lights shouldn’t be bright enough to affect growth or flowering

Comment

Won't make any difference, here it's only about 5 hours of darkness and theres no visible effect on the plants compared to when we have 8/9hrs of darkness
        Last edited by rary; 20-06-2023, 01:54 PM.
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Thank you Jungle Jane and rary for your replies

I did think the plants would be fine, always best to ask the people who know for sure

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X