This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cats

We have five new raised beds in our new garden, all are 75% filled with good top soil. Four of them have green manure sown and the fifth was topped off with compost awaiting the onion and shallot sets for autumn sowing.
    Problem is with a cat. It insists on leaving me small ginger coloured messages (faeces) in two of the green manure beds each day which I then have to clean up and dispose of. We do not have a cat so my question is how do I deter this creature from using the beds as its personal toilet? Any suggestions would be welcome.
    Last edited by Organo Pleno; 27-10-2020, 12:00 PM.

I cover my raised bed with chicken wire.

Comment

I have similar problems with the raised beds at the allotment, and some kind of cover or net really seems to be the only solution.
      A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

I’ve made a fence out of canes and nylon netting around all my beds, it’s the only thing I’ve found that keeps cats of and lets me easily get to my veg.
        I’ll take a photo when it stops raining.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

I usually make a makeshift fence out of thorny twigs (rose prunings, usually), which usually does the trick.

Comment

I've closed this topic before it gets out of hand.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X