Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Topping/ pinching out chilli/pepper plants?? For healthier plants/greater harvests?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Topping/ pinching out chilli/pepper plants?? For healthier plants/greater harvests?

Hi there,

I have seen a lot during my research about topping/pinching out the top of chilli and pepper plants. I am wondering if this is something I should be doing to my plants?

I have seen a few different videos about doing this, when to do it and how.

My pepper plants have just started forming some buds at the top and I have read this is when you should pinch out the top. Any advice about doing this?

A couple of my purple cayenne plants have also started to form a Y shape at the top and buds are forming. Should I top these as well?

It seems like a drastic course of action, cutting away the top of your plants, especially to a newbie like me. Will it increase harvests and make stronger, healthier chilli and pepper plants?

Should I top or just leave to grow? How and when should I do this, how many sets of leaves to chop off? Does it depend on the variety of chilli or pepper plant?

So many questions, I know! Any advice and guidance on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Happy growing

I do some of the more rampant plants in the manner you describe, but I have left the odd plant to grow naturally, can't say as I can see a huge difference in the crop. This will depend on the types you grow I guess, I only grew Hungarian Hot Wax and Cayenne last year.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
    Working...
    X