Beans what beans

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beans what beans

Can anyone advise I have had plenty of flowers on my runner beans but alas hardly any beans I have fed and watered them but nothing. I am growing ''Lady Di'' i purchased from Bakker.The actual plants look healthy enough lots of foliage and a good green colour but no beans shall i just pull them up as a bad lot or can anyone sugest anything

Originally posted by jobrac1
    Can anyone advise I have had plenty of flowers on my runner beans but alas hardly any beans I have fed and watered them but nothing. I am growing ''Lady Di'' i purchased from Bakker.The actual plants look healthy enough lots of foliage and a good green colour but no beans shall i just pull them up as a bad lot or can anyone sugest anything
    Give them time! My Lady Di's are in full flower with a few beans just starting to show. I am expecting more beans than I know what to do with. Where are you gardening?
    God Bless
    Bill

http://drbillsveggies.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hi there Bill thanks for the words of encouragement. Im actually in northants . where are you.

Comment

Just give it time! Mine are just flowers at the moment.
        ~
        Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
        ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

I really would have to say that this year has not been the best for runner beans.

The hot dry spell/lack of water has made the plants drop their flowers (not all down to the sparrows pecking them off).

The flowers do seem to be setting high up the canes, and I think we should eventually get a crop.

You win some, you lose some/you have good years you have bad years. Gardening seems to be one of the most cliched topics!!

valmarg

Comment

We are in our first year on an allotment and have heard that it has been a bad year for beans. Ours however are just beginning to fruit which is a relief!!

Comment

We have had several small feedings from our runners, but are hoping to have a really big serving tomorrow.

The beans do seem to be setting now that it is a bit cooler, but with the dry weather they are going dry and beany early.

Arrrrgh, hope they will be edible!!!

Pleeeease!!!

valmarg

Comment

My runners have only just started to make beans - they're about 2 inches long so far. They're right up at the top of the plants - none of the flowers lower down set at all. I also have some climbing French beans that started setting a bit earlier, but still hardly had any. They do taste really lovely though - I'll definitely grow them again

Comment

hi, it,s my first year on the plot and I tried Lady Di and scarlet emperor alongside climbing french blue lake. The french were earlier to set than either of the runners, though both of them are now setting well.

Comment

Hi my rune beans are covered in black fly.Bean is very beany and has brown marks on them

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X