Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie in Lancashire!

Hi

Just thought I'd post a "hello" message before I start bombarding you guys with questions!

I'm a novice gardener (herbs in pots were my limit a few months ago), but we've moved house and I've "inherited" a greenhouse and 200ft garden and paddock to take care of!

I've just about managed the 15 "Gardener's Delight" tomato plants we've inherited and have got a pretty big crop from them so far, and have been learning about thinning out the mature grapevine that's in the greenhouse too!

We're in the process of making some new compost heaps and deciding what to plant when and where in the new garden. Hopefully next year we'll also be getting some chickens too!

My OH has also got a ride-on lawnmower - honestly, boys and their toys! He can't wait to mow our paddock!

Shelley
    x

Welcome Shelley!
    Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

Welcome to the grapevine. Over Wyre sounds like a nice place to live.
      [

Comment

Hello OWG, Welcome to the Vine. Enjoy your garden and greenhouse and we'll look forward to hearing how you are getting on.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

welcome!

Hi OWG - welcome to the grapvine! Everyone is really friendly and offers sound advice and guidance to any questions you may have. Dont feel daft - just ask a question and everyone will do their best to help you. Good luck with the new greenhouse etc. Do keep everyone updated with your progress! dexterdog
          Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Hi Shelley, Welcome to the Vine. Not all of us boys are like that .... mind you I'd love a big rotavator

The Greeenhouse will be usefull for raising stuff early next year. & there's still time to nip to the super market & buy some potatoes (Charlotte or Maris Peer) Don't eat them but use them as seed tatties, plant in tubs/big pots/old compost bags & you can have new spuds at Christmas !!!
            ntg
            Never be afraid to try something new.
            Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
            A large group of professionals built the Titanic
            ==================================================

Comment

Hello Shelley.

A greenhouse and a 200 foot garden! I'm so jealous! You'll have to keep updating on what's going on there to feed my poor London-bound soul

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X