Over done it with the seed potatoes!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by king kevin View Post
    How big does the bucket need to be? Have a few sets left, never growen them in buckets before, might give it a go this year if I can find the right size buckets.
    I use 10 litre florist buckets which I buy from Morrisons. One seed spud per bucket (don't forget to drill holes first). You don't get a huge crop but there is usually a meal-worth per bucket (family of four)
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

today me and the clan got around 45 spuds planted along with peas,cauiles,cabbage,more peas,radish and kohlrabi
      we got in just as it started pouring down
      PRESTON NORTH END
      xbox gamertag billybobs
      add me to your friends list if you got what it takes

Comment

Nice one DD! Sounds like you had a better day than me! LOL! Bernie aka DDL
        Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

we ran out of gas today on site couldnt have a brew.
          then number 1 son (9) said " ill make a fire dad,i did it on my last cub camp"
          off e went he came back with a load of dead branchs whiped out his flint lit the fire made a brew . iwas so chuffed with him the only problem was he stunk to high heaven.he has learnt to day that you can use dried horse poo as fuel god help us
          we missed the rain but the thunder had us worried a little .
          and the in-laws even bought me some veg plugs from dobbies.
          all in all a good day
          PRESTON NORTH END
          xbox gamertag billybobs

Comment

I love this thread!! I really was trying to keep VERY QUIET about my "potato frenzy" as the OH refers to it! 20 pots of first earlies, 30 2nd earlies in beds at home, 30 more on the allotment, plus 50+ mains!
            I am freecycling the rest - yes, there were more - this evening. Just couldnt resist all the different varieties, also didnt know how many were in a bag and also have new allotment and heard potatoes would be a good thing to put in...

Comment

hi the way i see it is that u cannot have enough spuds
              the more the merrier
              wait till next year when we've got all the plot sorted we'll have spuds coming out of our ears
              PRESTON NORTH END
              xbox gamertag billybobs

Comment

Where do you get all the room for the buckets, If i had 1 in the garden I'd be getting an earache because the garden is looking a mess!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X