Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poles for beans - right way and wrong way?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
    Negritos are a dwarf bean chuckie - you don't need an erection for those
    Cool! We're not allowed any permanent erections on the site anyway.
    A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Ow! Me eyes are watering!
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
        The reason you usually have two rows joined at the top is that they are triangulated i.e. An isoceles triangle is formed with the cane uprights and the distance apart in the rows. A triangle is one of the strongest structures man can build.
        They may seem fine now, but when the beans are up to the top you will in effect have a solid wall of greenery which has most of the weight at the top, which even a mediocre wind will attack with venom.

You may get away with it, but do you want to take the chance?

Here endeth the geometry lesson!
        I can't even pronounce most of those words Snadger - let alone have a clue what you are talking about! Are you a maths teacher in your spare time? Bernie aka DDL
        Last edited by dexterdoglancashire; 24-04-2008, 07:58 PM.
        Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Hi Oleander,
          I asked my OH today to help me put up my bean supports, i asked him for a wigwam like last year
          No....
          he suggested an A frame with a horizontal support at the top???
          (last year the back didn't get enough light and all the beans grew through too the front)
          Well I just stood there blank faced not having a clue what he was on about,
          I passed bean poles and string as and when instructed, not nessecasarily in the right order, which caused a small amount of annoynce on his part, but still couldn't see what he was on about.
          I must admit it looks like the beans will love it.
          Although tomorrow OH is going out to straighten the tops of the poles as they are annoying him, all being different lenghts!!!!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X