X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by connie04 View Post
    no sigh of carrots ... packet says ready early june/july
    Patience, patience. It's still only May
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

i sowed them end of march loads of leaves noticed this morning have buds like flowers is this normal ,still no sign of a carrot though have they bolted? have others ready to thin out should i try again or see what happerns getting very confused!

thanks for your help ! xx

Comment

what you are describing certainly doesn't sound like carrots - I wonder whether the right seeds were in the packet. It would take much, much longer for a carrot to go to seed - as in its second year of growth, if it survived.

Can you take a picture?

Comment

did mine on the window sill and planted out 45 carrots (painstakingly but to me worth it ) a week ago and they are doing great just waiting for the next batch to come up

Comment

yes i will take a picture and send it in ,i got the carotts seeds from gyo when they were a freebie lets hope they are carrots otherwise i have a load of something growing!!! ill send in picture soon .

thanks xxx

Comment

[ i think this should go through if not can you tell me how to send picture on here from my documents help!!

thanks connie

Comment

Hi
                Go to advanced post; and then to manage attachments. o to choose file; choose it and then upload.

It needs to be a certain size, but we'll be here to have a look when you get it loaded. The website it going down for maintenance in half an hour, so you might want to leave it until it is back up and running.

Comment

ok will try not having much luck

thanks connie

Comment

here i go again sorry if this does not go through

connie xxx
                    Attached Files

Comment

planted carrots & parsnips at the same time this year carrots took about a month and parsnips thru now...both planted in compost in a raised bed outside.....

Comment

Connie your plants look like rocket to me. Taste it does it taste peppery?
                        Do it! Life's too short

http://for-you-dad.blogspot.com/

Comment

Definitely not carrots! I hate rocket and think it smells of cat poo; so if it smells of that then it could well be rocket [no offence to rocket lovers anywhere].

Have you still got the seed packet?

Comment

yes i do i think someone namley my son must of switched my labels as i have the ones marked up for rocket does look like carrot tops and i thought i was going mad ,thanks for all your help you live and learn eh!

thanks connie

Comment

Yep, it's rocket - well at least it's edible!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X