Hello everyone! :)

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone! :)

Hello everyone, just found this site and it looks great!

We just got our first allotment at the weekend after stating growing veg at home for the first time last year. Can't wait till it's planting time now although there are plenty of jobs to be doing on the plot before then.

We were very luck to be given a lovely well kept plot so there's less work than at lot of new plot holders have. We keep a gadening blog that has some pics of our new plot if you want to have a gander Growing Our Own

Other than that, just wanted to say 'hi' and look forward to posting more on here!

Our little corner of the blogging world www.growingourown.co.uk

Welcome to one 'first timer' from another
    NKP1962
    The Allotment Directory - coming soon (watch this space!)
    Movember - I am growing a 'tache in support of men's health

Comment

Hi Cuke and welcome to the Vine (both of you).
      Dead friendly and very very helpful to all veg growers, big or small, beginners or professionals, poor or poorer !
      Had a gander at your blog and you're dead right - you inherited a plot in excellent order - look forward to following your progress.
      Enjoy
      Rat

British by birth
      Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
      http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hello and welcome to the vine Cuke. Look forward to reading of your experiences with your new lottie.
        Happy Gardening,
        Shirley

Comment

Hello Cuke and welcome to the Vine - we're quite a friendly lot here so have some gardening fun with us.

Nice blog btw
          A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Welcome to the vine. This is the place to be for your virtual gardening buddies and community. Hope you'll have a good time here.
            Food for Free

Comment

Hi there cuke...and welcome to the Vine

Looking forward to seeing what you are up to this year...anything special which grabs yer fancy???

I usually grow something as a 'guest' veg...bit like a 'guest beer' each year- but not quite decided yet what it will be.
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

welcome from me too thereslots of good advice on here andnot always to do with growing things but its all good fun
                The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Welcome to the Vine Cuke!
                  ~
                  Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
                  ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Hiya Cuke. Blimey, you have struck gold with your lottie. Welldone to you, that means more growing time and less clearing time.
                    "He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"

Comment

Thanks for the welcome everyone, looking forward to getting to know you all.

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                      Hi there cuke...and welcome to the Vine

Looking forward to seeing what you are up to this year...anything special which grabs yer fancy???

I usually grow something as a 'guest' veg...bit like a 'guest beer' each year- but not quite decided yet what it will be.
                      Well... kinda Nicos, we'd bought lots of 'normal' veg seed before Christmas but we went to a potato day at the weekend and ended up buying a few more packets of seed while we there. We're going to try mushrooms (in the garage, not the plot) and we also thought we'd try something called vegetable spaghetti (a kind of squash I think) as well as something called Tomatilla which look like black tomatoes but I think are used as a fruit... Could be interesting....
                      Our little corner of the blogging world www.growingourown.co.uk

Comment

I grow spaghetti squash- and it's lovely!!! You'll be pleased with it I'm sure- and it's one of those veg which is hard to find in the shops too ( Waitrose is the only place I've seen them for sale...and at crazy prices too!)
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Hi and wlecome to the grapevine Cuke. Your plot is brilliant - you're well on your way to a great harvest. Keep posting!
                          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Welcome to the vine Cuke, nice blog, great plot. You're already on your way to a good year by the looks of it! Keep it up.
                            A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Welcome to the vine Cuke!

Just had a look at your blog and your allotment seems to be in a wonderful setting!

One of my first priorities would be a sitting out area to just sit and savour the veiw on a balmy summers evening!
                              Last edited by Snadger; 23-01-2008, 05:54 PM.
                              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X