growing in a nettle patch.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• growing in a nettle patch.

Ive just dug over a hugh nettle patch and finally got all the hugh roots out of the ground. The soil is now ready for planting in. Is there anything that i should,nt grow in that patch or does it matter either way.
    Also, have made a nettle feed (liquid) for watering my veg., is there any veg that does,nt like nettle feed.
    Any help or advice appreciated.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Don't grow nettles there Bramble

I don't think there are any probs with whatever you decide, I'm growing spuds on mine incase I missed any roots.

Nettle feed I think is a good nitrogen source (plus other bits) so most things will be OK apart from Carrots & Parsnips which you shouldn't feed anyway.
    ntg
    Never be afraid to try something new.
    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
    A large group of professionals built the Titanic
    ==================================================

Comment

Thanks for that Nick, just wanted to be sure as I have spent so much time and energy clearing this patch. nettles probably in the ground the best part of 15 years. Well, i have parsnips and brocolli looking for a home in the garden so will probably plant them there.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Well done Bramble - all I seem to do as well is dig out nettle patches! Sometimes the roots are unbelievable - I thought I had found a whole pile of yellow cable, until I realised it was the nettle roots.

I find the nettle stew quite good, although it does smell a bit. I still like to have some nettles around for the butterflies.
        ~
        Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
        ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X