Slug wars!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slug wars!

Ok this is a silly question but I have to ask it.

The slug wars have started and we inflicted heavy casualties on the enemy over the weekend...85 to be exact. We use beer traps and in the interest of not wasting anything......

Can you feed the beer drenched slugs to the birds?

I guess I mean that the beer is bad for the slugs so will it harm the birds? Should I just be burying the little blighters rather than trying to recycle?

You might end up with drunk birds!! I would just throw them in the bin.
    [

Comment

They may try feeding them to their young too! Squash and bin I reckon!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I wouldn't give them to the birds unless you want them flying into your windows & weaving around the garden drunk! You could put them on your compost heap if you have one or just draining them & putting them in the bin which is what I used to do-got fed up with the beer traps as I couldn't face all those smelly slimey bodies!
        Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Supposedly oatmeal blows them up and dries them out, never tried it, seemed a waste of oatmeal. Seems a waste of beer too. I just use a torch at night and air tight bucket, then take them down to the ducks on the canal during the day.
          Best wishes
          Andrewo
          Harbinger of Rhubarb tales

Comment

Thanks guys, you kinda reinforced my thoughts and the last thing I'd want is birds weaving around the garden drunk...it's bad enough with the slugs!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X