Greetings Green Thumbs

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings Green Thumbs

Just a big "Hello!" to you all in your gardens I'm new to the forums, just registered yesterday. I'm a 22 year old overworked IT-person who finds sanity in her container garden and allotment (which is a disaster zone, but I love it) . I am a total utter newbie to vegetable gardening, having only handled roses/orchids from my mother and grandmother. So hopefully with some patience and reading all the threads here, my vegetable green thumbs will grow ^_^

Want to have a nosy peek into my plot? Organic Lockload
    Knittering

Hello! Not sure if I'm qualified to say Welcome as I only registered yesterday myself. Before we know it green thumbs will be spouting everywhere!

Love the website by the way. Nothing better than a nosey around someone elses garden!!

Comment

Welcome to the vine Sinta. Thanks for all the piccies. Just love a nosey at what other people are growing. You're obviously not quite the newbie you claim as everything looks great. You'll soon have that allotment into some kind of shape and be telling the rest of us how to do it. Happy gardening.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Hi Sinta, just had a nosey at your pics. I like the idea of saving your drinks cups to use as plant pots. Good job you had Andy to give you a hand with the digging ,the allotment did look a bit of a state when you got it!Welcome to the grapevine.
        Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Hi Sinta and Missymoo!! A warm welcome to you both!!
          [

Comment

Hi all and welcome

I'm fairly new myself and have had the lottie for 5 years now. I'm learning all the time and can't imagine life without my lottie now.

Just enjoy it and you can't go far wrong

Comment

Welcome to the Vine!! I loved your website & have subscribed to the local freecycle group - what a fab idea ! Hope you manage to house the pumpkins - I have planted 3 directly into my plot & am now waiting to see what happens - I was quite reserved with my pumpkins - but went a little mental with the number of spuds I planted & the same with the peas! Enjoy the fun!!
              How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being.”

Comment

Welcome to all of you ! Love the lottie site Sinta, I think you've got your work cut out with that one Lol!!

Just remember what we tell everyone else, little & often it's not so tough on the back then.

I especially like the comment that the lottie is cheaper then buying the pots - spoken like a true yorkshire person
                ntg
                Never be afraid to try something new.
                Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                ==================================================

Comment

Thanks for the warm greetings all ^_^ yeah my allotment is in a bit of a state. But it was the only one available and it was right behind my house! So no excuses that it's too far away for me to take care of We've done some work on it this weekend and to be honest I don't know how I lived without one before. I feel so much more relaxed with it.

@Sunbeam: yay! I converted you to freecycle! Nyaahahaha.. must spread the word.

@Nick: LOL! True true! Actually that was Andy's excuse. He's very Yorkshire Unfortunately I'm not a native. I come all the way from Switzerland and Asia, but who knows. Yorkshire-ways are rubbing off on me ^_^
                  Knittering

Comment

Greetings and welcome to both of you Sinta and missymoo - sure you'll love the 'Vine and all the grapes who seem to be addicted to it - do be warned - this forum is HIGHLY addictive.
                    Sinta - loved your blog
                    Rat

British by birth
                    Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
                    http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

hi sinta, been reading your blog... looks like you've done more work than me and i've had my Allotment a few months longer!

Comment

Welcome sinta, great blog

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X