Hello! I'm new!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello! I'm new!

Hi, I'm new and a little shy, but not for long eh?!
    Have just dug a veggie patch in my garden this year after trying things in pots last year and LOVING IT!
    Pretty addictive this veg growing thing, and I 've been picking up loads of tips reading this forum so have now joined! you never know, one day I might be one of the ones with answers instead of questions!!!!!!!!!!!
    smiling is infectious....

http://www.thehudsonallotment.blogspot.com/ updated 28th May 2008

Vicki welcome to the mad house!!
    [

Comment

Hi Vicki and welcome

I'm sure you won't stay shy for long, it's hard to in this place
      Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

Welcome Vicki, glad to hear your veggies in pots did so well as that's what I'm doing this year. So far everything is looking very good. Planning to make raised beds for a kitchen garden so that I can grow more next year. You'll be on with your answers soon as everybody knows something about something.Happy gardening.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Hi Vicki and welcome to the asylum
          If you grew veg in pots last year, then you will be able to contribute loads as many grapes are doing just that this season - so don't be shy, jump in with both feet- we don't bite
          Rat

British by birth
          Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
          http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by sewer rat
            - we don't bite
            But we do give a nasty gumming

Welcome Vicki, and we'll soon knock the shyness out. I hope your not easily offended or politically correct. Apart from that we're all one big family (Addams Family that is)
            ntg
            Never be afraid to try something new.
            Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
            A large group of professionals built the Titanic
            ==================================================

Comment

Welcome Vicki, yes the veg growing is quite addictive but very rewarding. You will find plenty of good advice on these forums, gardeners are usually very glad to pass on their experience and expertise, I'm sure it won't be long before you are doing the same, good luck Steve.

http://www.myallotments.blogspot.com

Comment

Hi there Vicki! And welcome!!
                I have a question for you.......what did you grow last year, and what did you find easy to grow in pots? I have an allotment so can't really comment on pots, but as Nick says, there are loads of first-time 'pot' growers out there looking for easy starters and ones to avoid and why!!
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

wasnae me Nicos , it was monsier le rat
                  ntg

Comment

must have been distracted at the thought of being gummed to death!!
                    Last edited by Nicos; 03-05-2006, 09:50 PM.
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

honestly - you boys!!!

Hi Vicki - welcome to the vine - it's a very friendly place.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome! you will be relieved to know that I am neither easily offended or politically correct Nick!
                        Last year I grew cherry tomatoes in hanging baskets which were FAB and keeping them high up meant they couldn't be 'got at' by my 2 year old who likes to pick them green and use them as golf balls!!!
                        I did a few pots of early potatoes - wish I'd done more - they were dead easy - plant them near the bottom of the pot and just keep earthing up til you get to the top, then just tip them out to harvest. I grew assorted salad leaves too, with copper tape round the pots to keep Mr Slug off them, courgettes in gro-bags, and peppers in pots. I think it was quite easy because there was no weeding!and I got loads of everything.
                        Am loving this year as I'm doing loads more - my poor hubby doesn't get why I'm so thrilled when I drag him down the garden to see a teeny weeny seedling just peeeping through the soil, or an extra leaf on the salad leaves!!!!!! I'm sure he'll take an interest by the time its on his plate
                        smiling is infectious....

http://www.thehudsonallotment.blogspot.com/ updated 28th May 2008

Comment

Hi Vicki, my O.H. is the same only interested in the results not the growing! I bet like me you'll find that the grapevine is addictive & it will encourage you to grow lots of different things.Happy growing!
                          Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

HI Vicki
                            Nice to meet someone else on the forum who has small children who potentially eat most of what is in the garden before it reaches indoors. My 2 year old is eyeing up the strawberry plants and my 3 year old spends most of the time checking if the apples have grown yet - he'll be in for a long wait!

Mel

Comment

I should have married one of you lot. My wife has no interest at all in gardening. I have suggested that she comes down to the lottie plot & just lounges around in the fresh air & sunshine but no. Still I suppose if she was a keen as me we'd fight over whats being grown!
                              ntg

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X