Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vermiculite

Hi

I looked up the square foot gardening book on Amazon and a man in the UK where I am said he thought this was a great idea but he had a nightmare getting hold of chunky vermiculite which is what he says Mel is recommending. Have you had any difficulty getting hold of this material at all - any links to where I could find it please? Many thanks, Martyn.

Comment

Martyn
      Don't know how chunky is chunky, but I get medium grade vermiculite from Kays Horticultural.
      Sue

Comment

Thanks Sue I'll check it out.
        M

Comment

Jaxom,

Are they canes that you have utilised for supports when covering your bed with fleece, netting etc.

Great bed - just built several of my own this winter.

Pippin

"Growing For Gold"

Comment

Pippin
            Sorry for the 6 month delay in replying. I lost my Internet wellies for a while
            The canes you can see in the photos are willow sticks. They bend far easier than bamboo. Next year though I will be building a hinged frame to go all round the bed. Then I can clip on plastic sheets to act as early cloches and change them to net/enviromesh in summer to keep off the egg laying nasties that have hammered my broccoli and cabbages this year. The hinged sides will allow me access to carry out any work that needs to be done.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X