Radishes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radishes

I wonder if someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong? I've planted several crops of radishes this year. Most of them have turned out great, but some never produced bulbs, they just stayed long, thin and wiry. Does anyone know why?
    thanks
    Caroline

Dunno, Caroline, unless they are sown too close together??? Just a thought.

Comment

yup, normally sown too close together. I always so far too many and have to thin them out to make sure the others 'fill out' into actual radishes. I still end up with a few thin ones tht refuse to grow though.

Thin the crop out is my advice
      There's vegetable growing in the family, but I must be adopted
      Happy Gardening!

Comment

My radish were pants this year, thin ones, woody ones, non-germination ... any that survived the floods were nibbled by slugs.
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I've started to sow them just one per inch - quite easy as they are nice chunky seeds. Sometimes though, I still get ones that refuse to swell up. I wonder if it's down to weather conditions/watering - maybe they get a check at some point and never get over it. Some sowings are really good and some, as Two Sheds says, are pants.
          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I'm fed up hearing on gardening programmes that radishes are SOOO easy to grow, I've tried all sorts of ways and they never work for me no matter how or when I sow them.
            I you'st to have a handle on the world .. but it BROKE!!

Comment

To get a successful crop, the seeds must really be evenly spaced. I have had crops of summer radishes that i planted in september and harvested in october so the growing guidelines dont need to be followed that closely!

I guess your problem may be due to the radishes being too close together

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X