Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comfrey identification

Hi there,

I would like to make some comfrey fertiliser but I'm having a problem identifying what is comfrey and what isn't. For example I picked some leaves that were growing wild near me but now I think they could be young foxglove plants!

I took some pictures but they won't upload. If anyone could tell me what characteristics comfrey leaves have which will allow me to identify them and rule out that they are other plants.

Thanks guys. I will try to upload some photos of the potential comfrey I saw on my walk yesterday.

If you break the stalk of a comfrey plant the inside looks a bit like green jelly.

Comment

Comfrey leaves have an unpleasant feel to them, kind of hairy and spiky and dry.
      He-Pep!

Comment

Any flowers?
        My wild white comfrey is covered in flowers - and they're white, would you believe!!

Comment

Originally posted by bario1 View Post
          Comfrey leaves have an unpleasant feel to them, kind of hairy and spiky and dry.
          Yeah, they have tiny bristles. They feel like sandpaper and thry bring my arms out in a rash.
          Foxgloves, on the other hand, are lovely and soft and downy.

Comment

A couple of decent photos of Bocking 14 Comfrey here:
            https://www.organiccatalogue.com/pro...-plants_mh6390

(I find the "hairy and spiky and dry" feel of comfrey leaves rather pleasant, but I'm a bit weird)
            sigpic
            1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X