No announcement yet.

What to do now?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks so much for the advice, I'm really glad I posted.

I think what I'll do is bag up the dead grass and leave it to one side for a good few months to cook. I have loads of very thick rubble sacks already anyway.

I own a cafe so I have coffee grounds aplenty and access to loads of cardboard aswell as lots of salad / veg trimmings for the compost bin. The only thing I'm short of is time!

I'll get as much covered with cardboard and polythene as possible and start digging in some beds. Thanks for the crop suggestions, we use lots of garlic and onions at home, in fact I think we could get through 100 bulbs of garlic in one year!

Looking forward to learning more on here. Thank you all again!

Comment

Hi DTM. Welcome, good to have you aboard.

I have used cardboard before, very effective. Also, why not get a barrel, pop your couch roots in there along with any other weeds. Rots down and also produces weed tea.

Kind Regards.............Rob

Comment

Feel as though I should be in possesion of seed potatoes by now but I have none, should l get some?

Comment

wouldn't be worrying about that quite yet Gareth...
          sigpic
          1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

I've ordered my seed potatoes and onion sets - from Bridgend garden centre they have about 200 varieties to choose from at the moment. Though I might try saving my own in future.

Comment

My local garden centres get their seed potatoes in as soon as they have got rid of their Christmas c**p. Usually first week in January when I go and buy everything I know that I want. At the end of January they have a potato tasting weekend when they cook varying varieties and I usually go and try some different varieties and end up buying a "few" more.

Comment

Great, thanks guys.

Looks like I will go out and do my seed potatoe shopping in Jan

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X