Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• radishes

hello

ive just planted 2 rows of radish seeds 1 being cherry belle the other scarlet. does anyone have a fav or an excellent grower.
    my plot march 2013http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvzqRS0_hbQ

hindsight is a wonderful thing but foresight is a whole lot better

Depends on how hot you like your radish, Hawthorns! I'm growing red saxa3 at the mo, which I like - and before that, cherrybelle. I have also grown white icicle - which 'blew me gob off'. I have some french breakfast to try too, which I believe are very popular.

Each to their own!

Comment

Hi I have grown French Breakfast and they are good sized radishes and have a mild but tangy taste.

Comment

I can vouch for Hazels Icicle - phew!
        ~
        Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
        ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

french breakfast are mild but good i like them
          Yo an' Bob
          Walk lightly on the earth
          take only what you need
          give all you can
          and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

A sowing of French Breakfast at the weekend then, methinks!

I tried a radish experiment last night - had the last dozen from a row at the weekend and they were getting a bit big .... so I thought that I'd have them as a veg for dinner.

Think I've seen this on the Vine anyway (memo to self: search harder!!) so put them in with the french beans for a minute in the pan.

Won't bother doing that again - they loose all their 'crunch'. And taste.

Stir fried perhaps would be better?

Comment

Hi Howthorns,

I just sow some polish yellow radish ( http://www.seedsofitaly.com/product/114 ) which is said to be medium peppery mid size radish for salad purpose. It said to sow them from march to august, but my seed just arrive ( intended for next year seeds ) and I thought of having a try, who know it will still works now... I also sow some sweet glade radish, it is a korean radish. The size is small and elongated the taste is sweet and mild, the colour is plain white and it is used in salad or for soup/ cooking.

Cheers,
              Momol

Momol
              Last edited by momol; 12-09-2007, 10:25 AM.
              I grow, I pick, I eat ...

Comment

thanks for all your comments. i have grown cherrybelle radishes in 3 half moon baskets on my fence in general purpose compost, this morning i pulled 4 out and ate them with my lunch very nice they were to.
                my plot march 2013http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvzqRS0_hbQ

hindsight is a wonderful thing but foresight is a whole lot better

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X