No announcement yet.

making raised beds

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few inches sounds far better than a foot! It is truly rocky ground, especially since I think it used to have a structure on it since it's got a lot of concrete pieces around too.

Comment

Originally posted by jdlondon View Post
      A few inches sounds far better than a foot! It is truly rocky ground, especially since I think it used to have a structure on it since it's got a lot of concrete pieces around too.
      If I were you I'd pin the bottom of the wire netting down with metal pins or put a loop of wire through it and stick a heavy rock on it to hold it down - until you see how it goes. Rabbits round here at least are a variable problem, some years there are hardly any, other times there are loads - and anyway if your neighbour has tasty stuff and if theirs is unprotected, chances are the bunnies will go for the easy option

Comment

And that sounds even better 😁

Comment

No worries - good luck and Happy Gardening :-)

Comment

With not knowing your garden layout I am not sure my recommendation will help, instead of digging down if you errect a barrier or wire fence you could extend the wire netting on the ground a couple of feet or so out from upright
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

like 90 degree angle to the fence? along/over the ground? I was thinking of doing that, under the raised beds, just to stop them coming through even if they do dig under.

Comment

Originally posted by jdlondon View Post
                like 90 degree angle to the fence? along/over the ground? I was thinking of doing that, under the raised beds, just to stop them coming through even if they do dig under.
                If you do do that, bend the netting out the other way towards the outside, as that will deter them from digging down in the first place - not worth the effort though imo unless you have a very high level of them to deal with.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X