No announcement yet.

DIY grow light

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

didnt really think about tray removal tbh, thought id have to take bulbs out either way. i could cut a strip out of a side to slide the trays in and out if needed.

bin is stood up as first picture so can open and close the lid, lights under the lid.
    Last edited by mic; 05-04-2017, 02:05 PM.
    412% of statistics are made up.

Comment

If the lights had been set in the lid, you could have flipped it up out of the way!

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        If the lights had been set in the lid, you could have flipped it up out of the way!
        oh yea just wanted to build it! i could always change it...

Comment

Ok, personally, I would source a clear storage box so that you can see the plants without removing them..........something like this...........
          Fit both bulbs in the lid so when you take the lid off, the bulbs come with it. It would be a lot easier all round.
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Hindsight's a wonderful thing!
            I don't want to come over all H&S but, are those light fittings safe with water?

Comment

just used what i had... larger box would require more bulbs, i only had 2 fittings.

id say probably not veggie but its a modern house, blown or tripped fuse i can handle

Comment

Originally posted by mic View Post
                just used what i had... larger box would require more bulbs, i only had 2 fittings.
                2 bulbs would be more than adequate IMO. Just line the back & 2 sides with white paper/card to reflect the light.
                Last edited by Bigmallly; 05-04-2017, 08:09 PM.
                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                -----------------------------------------------------------
                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I think bulbs would be OK if you use in proper way and also take care after finishing this work.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X