No announcement yet.

Shed of the year?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have space for a shed, I've only a couple of shelves in my GH for tools and pots then an old wicker hamper to store nets. But I do like looking/drooling over shed pictures.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Why do i have these bright ideas?

A year seems a long time to be in posession of a banner, and others would need to wait for a full year to get there shed to be voted best. It would have to be a rolling title decided by the Mods.
      If only one entered they would win. If two entered Mods could choose, ad infinitum. This would mean that the best shed held the post until it was bettered by another shed.

Spring Shed, Summer Shed,Autumn Shed, Winter shed are other possibilities

Shed of the Month is another idea, although I don't know how much work is involved in adding a banner monthly?

Shed of the Moment or similar is another possibility

We would need at least two piccies, one of outside and one of inside, with possibly a before and after outside as well.A short description would also be helpful.

I honestly don't want to put extra work on the Mods so the format would have to be really simple and easily managed.

Why doesn't anyone who thinks its a good idea give ideas of how workable it could be. I'm sure lots of grapes will have really good ideas of how it would work, so lets hear them!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Just so's you knows - Mods can't give people banners - only Admin can do that. So quick changes of banners are not really doable. Getting the MoM banner changed each month is enough
        However, anyone could add it to their signature!
        Personally, I don't think Mods should decide which is the best shed - so it would need to be a poll of members.

Carry on thinking!

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
          Just so's you knows - Mods can't give people banners - only Admin can do that. So quick changes of banners are not really doable. Getting the MoM banner changed each month is enough
          However, anyone could add it to their signature!
          Personally, I don't think Mods should decide which is the best shed - so it would need to be a poll of members.

Carry on thinking!
          Plan 'B' then!

Number of 'like's for piccies dictate who wins? Winning Grape is responsible for adding 'Current holder of Best Shed of 2017' or Joint Current holder if theres a draw as a signature or Avatar with piccie? Possibly a little prompt may be necessary to previous holder to relinquish? No entries until New years Day 2017!

Any better VC?

Could do with BM and his thinking out of the box just now.
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

You still need to consider what constitutes a shed....something like not more than 10% glass
            Last edited by Greenleaves; 31-10-2016, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
              You still need to consider what constitutes a shed....something like not more than 10% glass
              I would think the members would be able to assess what was acceptable or not. If they didn't like it they wouldn't 'like'

I don't think the official Shed of the Year award that we all know and love has perameters?

Sorry, but i don't go a bundle on rules and regulations (Part of being a Geordie, methinks!)

Shed to me is just a generic term for a building and is all engrossing!

Even if someone put a supa dupa lesser stellated do-decahedron greenhouse on and everyone liked it, that would win!(Cos it has a fork under the bench, so it's a shed!)

Building of the year hasn't got the same ring as Shed of the year anyway!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
                That would make it a summerhouse or maybe a greenhouse!

Comment

My chickens live in my shed.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                    That would make it a summerhouse or maybe a greenhouse!
                    I knew where Greenleaves was coming from but I wasn't biting!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Ms-T View Post
                      My chickens live in my shed.
                      If your chicken shed was noteworthy enough to be proclaimed shed of the year you should enter it!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I'm confused now as all the sheds ive built have themes.there's the burger bar twitchers retreat and the cabin so shall I enter my bus stop instead.
                        When you have a hammer in your hand everything around you starts looking like a nail.

Comment

Originally posted by jonny the plant pot View Post
                          I'm confused now as all the sheds ive built have themes.there's the burger bar twitchers retreat and the cabin so shall I enter my bus stop instead.
                          'Best shed/structure' would be all engrossing

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Engrossing. .. didn't know you were fluent in shed
                            When you have a hammer in your hand everything around you starts looking like a nail.

Comment

Originally posted by jonny the plant pot View Post
                              Engrossing. .. didn't know you were fluent in shed
                              Gross is my second name!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Nothing to do with your extra weight then, Snadge?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X