X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snadger
    replied
    Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
    Being a Yorkshireman, I'm even tighter than you Snadge..........sorry, I meant thriftier.....................I covered my shed roof with a one piece pond liner & underlay..............£7 all in.............
    I used a sheet of rubber conveyor belt to cover one of my shed roofs..............

Leave a comment:

• Bigmallly
    replied
    Being a Yorkshireman, I'm even tighter than you Snadge..........sorry, I meant thriftier.....................I covered my shed roof with a one piece pond liner & underlay..............£7 all in.............

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    replied
    I was in Homebase yesterday after some wooden latts. I thought I would have a look at the bitumen paint and found next to it a bitumen adhesive used for the very thing i want it for...........affixing roofing felt!

At only £7.00 a tub it seemed a cheap option.

One of the plotholders used the flexi paint stuff and paid 50 squid for a tub!

Sorry folks, but my allotment is ran on a shoestring!

Leave a comment:

• Potstubsdustbins
    replied
    ^^^^^^^^^You forget this is Snag he wants it for nowt...................

Leave a comment:

• jonny the plant pot
    replied
    Get yourself a tin of flexacryl paint the roof with that and put the felt away as this is the best waterproofing stuff .

Leave a comment:

• Greenleaves
    replied
    I would be inclined the cover the whole of the back with bitumen, I would also apply across the the roof working from the bottom up, I find horizontal joints leak less than vertical ones

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    replied
    Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
    Bitumen & battens around the fascias.
    Sounds good! I presume I lay the felt cross ways from the bottom of the slope, overlapping each width with a bit of bitumen paint between the joints?

Leave a comment:

• Potstubsdustbins
    replied
    ^^^What he said.............

Leave a comment:

• Bigmallly
    replied
    Bitumen & battens around the fascias.

Leave a comment:

• Greenleaves
    replied
    I am no roofer Snadger but bitumen paint should do the trick as tourch on felt is quintessentially that. Please remember that anything bitumen is potentially carcinogenic so follow the safety instructions.

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    started a topic Roofing felt attachment

Roofing felt attachment

I have a couple of rolls of felt that I salvaged from my new plot when it was derelict. There is probably enough to felt the new summerhouse I've erected on the plot.

I don't want to use latts and felt nails as these usually finish up leaking.

I was wondering whether I could affix felt with a bitumen paint? I've also heard that any gloss paint applied and the felt laid on it when it is still wet would do?

This is a shoestring project so I don't want to buy self stick felt (I have used it in the past and it is very good) and would rather use what i have.

Any ideas folks?

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X