Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lumpy View Post
    BM - you have used a nasty swear word - dig
    It'd only take 5 mins to dig a tyre size hole. It would use less pebbles plus no need for a ladder...........
    Last edited by Bigmallly; 25-01-2016, 09:02 PM.
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

What is the inner diameter of the tyre - the bit that would be your pond?
      If its anything like my car tyre, you'd get more water in a washing up bowl.
      Building a Basin Pond

Comment

Looks nice but I'd prefer it level with the surface so anything falling in (mice, baby birds etc) could get out ok. TBH I think I would bury it level with ground, line it and pierce a few holes in bottom then fill it with soil and grow either bog loving plants in it or ~ something I've always wanted to do ~ make a carnivorous plant garden
        If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Lumpy View Post
          I was thinking that a smaller tyre would be OK as a wild life water source - I don't want fish but would love a few frogs.
          This is what I am making mine for too...
          I spoke to the lads at work and they said you wil need something to pump the water round so it doesnt become stagnant, or oxygenating plants....

I think I might go for a solar squirter cant be dealing with loads of electricals in the garden. Go to your nearest garage they wi have all different size tires prob for free to x
          If you want to view paradise
          Simply look around and view it.

Comment

What's a Solar Squirter?

Comment

lovely idea! definitely think you should go ahead of this! make sure you let us all know how it turns out. would love to see pictures of the progress and finished product

Comment

Hurrah! Another idea for my great ideas list!
                You may say I'm a dreamer... But I'm not the only one...

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                  What's a Solar Squirter?
                  I'm guessing something like this

Solar Panel Powered Fountain Garden Pool Pond Water Pump Floating Spray Features | eBay
                  Posted on an iPad so apologies for any randomly auto-corrected gobbledegook

Comment

Just got to find somewhere to put one as our space is so limited even the dog is having trouble finding room to have a tiddle.
                    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X