No announcement yet.

Bright Yellow Pipe Insulation

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cut them to length for starter pots for beans etc, just peel them open to release the plant. Better than loo roll centres and re-useable. Plus they would insulate the roots nicely.
    Last edited by Bill HH; 21-11-2015, 10:27 AM.
    photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

I'm done.....
      photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Bill = like Bren you are a genius
        I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

One word of caution I do know that real pipe insul has chemicals added to stop pest infestations I have no idea if this stuff is treated.
          Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
            One word of caution I do know that real pipe insul has chemicals added to stop pest infestations I have no idea if this stuff is treated.
            Wow - I didn't know that.

Why is that, would they knaw at it and use it as bedding or something ?
            .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

surly..if used as a pot for seed/plant,no matter how small the plant be prior to plant out,the roots would be entwined in the foam,and so destroy the root system when trying to get it out,but would be ideal,if,like has been said free from and biodegrade,
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

I bumped into some scaffolding on the high street and knacked my shoulder and head.

It should have had a yellow protective cover on it.

A little birdie told me (probably the same one that was spinning arouind my head when I regained consciousness) that someone called lumpy had knicked it!

They then had the audacity to ask around as to what it could be used for?

This'Lumpy' person will be hearing from my solicitors!
                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
                  surly..if used as a pot for seed/plant,no matter how small the plant be prior to plant out,the roots would be entwined in the foam,and so destroy the root system when trying to get it out,but would be ideal,if,like has been said free from and biodegrade,
                  It is rather worrying when any of my ideas are taken seriously, I merely toss them in so that scientific geniouses may stand on my shoulders and reach new heights.

But it needs testing, my opinion is that roots will not penetrate this stuff, ive never seen things growing on foam lagging, and the chemicals will control little nasties like slugs and wireworms but be of little significance once the plant is bigger, sort of win win.
                  Last edited by Bill HH; 21-11-2015, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Cut lengths of foam tube and fit side by side in a tray, stuff your seed potatoes in the split to chit (innit).

use it to protect the edges of saws, blades etc when in storage.

The more i consider this stuff the more essential it is becoming!
                    Last edited by Bill HH; 21-11-2015, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Good idea Bill - you could always ask Snadger where to get some from!
                      I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumpy View Post
                        Good idea Bill - you could always ask Snadger where to get some from!
                        I did know, but all the local veg gardeners have nicked it now!
                        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I have found a use for it..........

I have put it on the pole that supports the spinny washing line and it's brilliant.

Not too in your face during the day but at night it really glows so it makes it easier for me and the dog, who both don't see to well to avoid it.

Comment

Lumpy, and so kind, that great it gives the dog somewhere to aim for
                            But if you use a frame for protective covering you could use the foam to protect the cover from rubbing
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X