No announcement yet.

Washing Pole ideas please

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about a long length of catapult elastic, send all your slugs and snail about 5 houses down the road?
    photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Have you thought about running a rope between the posts and using it to dry your washing?

Comment

Fruit? Tayberry or blackberries.

Comment

Roses - you could either grow them as pillars or attach rope and make a rose swag.

Comment

Pop a cross bar between them which would not only let you string a number of twine supports but could allow you to get goalkeeper practice in when there's no plants on it.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
            ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
            ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Jay - ell -there is no point at all trying to make me, who has the hidden genetics of a slug more agile as I'm built for comfort not speed.

However, you lot of very clever people (and thank you all) have given me the idea of getting a large square container, cutting off the bottom, removing the grass, shoving it over the top of the pole onto the dirt, rigging up some heavy duty netting and planting a climber.

I don't really fancy anything edible (my first thought was fruit but...) because the pole is right on top of the sewer pipe.
              I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumpy View Post
                Jay - ell -there is no point at all trying to make me, who has the hidden genetics of a slug more agile as I'm built for comfort not speed.
                They're reinforced aren't they?

Nah, I won't even mention the pole dancing idea

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                ― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Hammock?
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Now no name calling

― Thomas A. Edison

― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-ell View Post
                      They're reinforced aren't they?

Nah, I won't even mention the pole dancing idea
                      Judging from the picture provided, my childhood memory may be hazy but those buggers can cause some nasty scratches and grazes when you slide down them.

Don't ask how I know, just take my word for it, and I learned from personal experience long before I knew what pole dancing was or how much money it could have made me if I had continued messing about climbing those types of poles as a kid!
                      Life should be more like Bonsai...

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                        Have you thought about running a rope between the posts and using it to dry your washing?
                        Nah, that would never catch on!
                        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Tie a scaffold batton horizontal near the top and create your own 'Gateshead Angel'
                          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I did consider painting them to look like helter skelters.

Whats a scaffold baton? Is it a bit like a pole?

The problem with them being used for washing is that the line cuts the garden completely in half and guess where my new raised veggie area is going!
                            I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumpy View Post
                              I did consider painting them to look like helter skelters.

Whats a scaffold baton? Is it a bit like a pole?

The problem with them being used for washing is that the line cuts the garden completely in half and guess where my new raised veggie area is going!
                              Answer:_ The wooden planks they walk on when scaffolding is erected. Often used for edging raised beds.

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Are you trying to confuse us, Snadge?

baton
                                ˈbat(ə)n/Submit
                                noun
                                noun: baton; plural noun: batons
                                a short stick or something resembling one, in particular:
                                a thin stick used by a conductor to direct an orchestra or choir.
                                synonyms: stick, rod, staff, wand, bar
                                "the conductor stopped the orchestra with a tap of his baton"
                                ATHLETICS
                                a short stick or tube passed from runner to runner in a relay race.
                                a long stick carried and twirled by a drum major.
                                a police officer's truncheon.
                                synonyms: truncheon, club, cudgel, bludgeon, stick, bat, mace; More
                                a staff of office or authority, especially one carried by a field marshal.
                                HERALDRY
                                a narrow bend truncated at each end.
                                a short bar replacing some figures on the dial of a clock or watch.
                                one of the suits in some tarot packs, corresponding to wands in others.

I'd call it a Scaffold Board!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X