No announcement yet.

Ideas to encourage children

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My daughter will be 4 this year and personally i have left the following in the shed:
    Beach bucket and spade
    Watering can
    Some diggers/tippers (size of hand) not fancy ones
    Mini chair
    Mini gardening tools
    A bunch of plant pots

These keep her fairly occupied.

This year i plan to get some planters growing her favourite- strawberries...
    Plus getting a bird house

Lastly helping her find worms is always a crowd pleaser

Comment

Has to be a pond or two. One wildlife, one a couple of fish. Plus various nesting boxes, and all other insect related items, logs rocks etc. Wish i had that when i was a kid. Good news is i have them now as a big kid.

Comment

Building a rock garden is a huge fun for kids. The whole family can become a part of this project. For example, adults will lay the foundations and position the stones while the kids can arrange with flowers. This family project is both amusing and educational.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharpy View Post
          Has to be a pond or two. One wildlife,
          I have fond memories of "helping" to build a pond when we were kids - we got to swim in it before they put mud and plants in it
          Last edited by Scarlet; 23-04-2015, 10:46 AM.

Comment

My three and a half year old Grandson is now absolutely fixated on compost bins and water butts - apparently his Mom took him to the compost bin shop as a treat - it was the local asba's superstore - bless
            I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

I remember crawling between the ridges of spuds as a kid pushing my Action Man in a green army jeep! We were in the "jungle"!!! Funny how some memories stick with you.

Comment

Treasure hunts! I loved those. They were rarely longer than an hour and were only based inside the garden, but they were lovely. Especially because of the great weather. Another thing I enjoyed was learning how to care for parsley and how to get it ready for sale. This earned me some change for ice-cream. The good times.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X