Any ideas is it friend or foe

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any ideas is it friend or foe

Hi found this on my runner beans any help with this strange looking insect as I am new to the forum.As a newbee would like to say Hi
    Attached Files

Hi Garfy and welcome to the Vine.

I don't recognise your little beetle, but I don't think it will do your runners any harm - once runner beans are as big and healthy looking as yours, there's not much that'll stop them.

Comment

Hi Garfy and welcome!
      It may be a young Green Shield Bug ( or Stink Bug) Perhaps the Southern Green Shield Bug
      Gardensafari Green Shield Bug / Palomena prasina (with many detailed photographs)

(Pentatomidae) Nezara viridula Southern Green Shieldbug

Apparently the Southern Green one causes damage to and distortion of bean pods.
      Green shield bugs/RHS Gardening

Comment

Welcome Garfy, I think VC has nailed it (again) but whatever it is, it is very beautiful.
        photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Hello & welcome
          He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Welcome Garfy, enjoy the vine

Comment

Hi Garfy
              I agree with everyone it's a shield bug. He is a sweet little fella still at a nymph stage (5th instar nymph)

Love the links VC, just bookmarked them for future reference. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                the Southern Green one causes damage to and distortion of bean pods.
                I've had quite a few on my broadies for the first time this year, and they've caused twisted foliage, and lots of damage to the beans inside. Ruddy things. I'm used to them on the raspberries where they don't do too much damage, but this is annoying.
                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Hi, Garfy, and welcome to the vine. No shield bugs here yet. Is it just a matter of time this year?
                  Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                  Endless wonder.

Comment

Thank you for all your kind support Garfy

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X