Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greenishfing
    replied
    The last time I used permanent marker on my labels the sun bleached the names off.

I suggest laying them out in the sun.

I'm pencil only now.

Leave a comment:

• lottie dolly
    replied
    Only the last few weeks,i have used surgical spirits,to full success,it was used on both the thin white plastic cups,to labels cut from ice cream cartons,the pen i write with is a sharpi or equiverlant,use either cotton wool or tissue,easily got,and not expensive,a bottle is kept for this down the lottie,

Leave a comment:

• Deano's "Diggin It"
    replied
    Bowl of hot water and a "Brillo Pad"

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum mobile app

Leave a comment:

• Stan79
    replied
    Just keep them.
    File them in alphabetical order along with my seeds.
    Re-use!
    Simples!

Leave a comment:

• john9159
    replied
    I have a stock of propan-2-ol, trichloroethane and industrial methylated spirits and they all work!
    The problem you may find is getting a hold of some. You could try your chemist for IMS.

Leave a comment:

• Ja9
    replied
    I use nail varnish remover when I can be bothered or just turn them over and cross it out if not!
    Sometimes do a double take when the plant in the pot is obviously not whats on the label if I'm reading the wrong side. Can't stand all the little bits when they do break,or the random ones in the compost

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    I clean mine with damp gritty compost

Leave a comment:

• eospete
    replied
    Cross out, turn over.
    Works for 2 seasons anyway!
    P

Leave a comment:

• 4390evans
    replied
    Thanks guys

Leave a comment:

• KarlB924
    replied
    Oh, it doesn't come off completely, you can still just about make it out (very pale grey), but if you're rewriting with permanent marker anyway it doesn't matter as it's too pale to matter.

Leave a comment:

• marchogaeth
    replied
    Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
    there's a clue in the name: permanent marker
    Yes, the one I use is still vaguely there even after the "boiling NPR", it's actually quite good on old yogurt pot strips which are very hard to get anything to write on and stay put.

Leave a comment:

• Two_Sheds
    replied
    there's a clue in the name: permanent marker

Leave a comment:

• Alison
    replied
    Originally posted by KarlB924 View Post
    I use a permanent marker too, easier to read from a distance than the pencils they give you. Fairly easy to get rid of with a bit of washing up liquid and a green scouring pad.
    Not very permanent then

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum

Leave a comment:

• KarlB924
    replied
    I use a permanent marker too, easier to read from a distance than the pencils they give you. Fairly easy to get rid of with a bit of washing up liquid and a green scouring pad.

Leave a comment:

• Alison
    replied
    I use a chinograph (or something like that) pencil for labelling and then rub it off with one of those magic eraser things. Works really well and I have some that have lasted for about 7 or 8 years until they inevitably break.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X