Where to buy Glyphote crytals

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy Glyphote crytals

I'm cutting down a large quantity of sycamore and ash trees which have grown in the hedge at my allotments.
    I have drilled holes in some of the stumps and intend to fill with crystal form glyphosate, along the lines of Ecoplugs, which should kill them off.
    Has anyone ideas of suppliers of glyphosate in crystal form as I am having difficulty.

I'm almost certain there are propriety treatments available for the purpose. From memory there is/was? one called Root Out. Probably now banned by the EEC but have a root about on the shelves at your local garden centre.

Comment

Ammonium Sulphamate crystals are very effective on stumps

Comment

Ere yer go John ........ glyphosate crystals
        He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

I looked at eco-plugs at work, they seem very expensive, im not 100% as trying to remember but i considered it alot of money, and you needed to use quite a few per stump.
          Personally If I had some stumps to kill I'd use either SBK or R/up stump and tree, using the pippette to apply neat to several drilled holes. Thats just my own idea, i have never and may never kill a tree stump!
          I dont think Dax Root was banned
          <*}}}>< Jonathan ><{{{*>

Comment

organically ~ you could use milk powder, apparently

(I have a large tree stump in my front lawn. I like it, it grows interesting fungi)
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

You could always take the low tech approach & thrash a few copper nails into the heartwood of each stump

FYI,if you go down the liquid roundup route,mix it 50/50 with white spirit it will be absorbed much faster than just neat fluid.
              He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Or hack any resulting growth off every spring, and watch the sap rise up and bleed it's self to death. :O

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X