Raised planters on tarmac???

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Newton;980284]Cactus killer. Quest que ce? QUOTE]

It describes my level of competence where looking after plants is concerned...an old nickname from work that was given after a cactus shrivelled to a quarter of its size and sadly passed away...I got a cactus as I love plants but am not very good a keeping them properly an someone told me I couldn't go wrong with a cactus...how wrong they were!!

Righto..to update..my latest plan for the raised planters would be to build a frame using gravel boards secured together with heavy duty angle brackets. Then create a hammock (using climb mesh) at the top of the frame that will hold the plastic trough planters. To make it look "nice" I am thinking of covering the frame with reed or bamboo screening. Price wise I would be looking at about £130.00 for both planters - each being 2 metres long.

My OH works for a builder who keeps everything and has a yard full of stuff...I am going to ask "very nicely" if he has any wood I could use for the frame..fingers crossed!!

I think I will need my OH to drill into the tarmac so a couple of poles can go in to give the frames extra stability..I worry they would be prone to toppling over!!
    Last edited by cactuskiller; 24-04-2012, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
    Working...
    X