No announcement yet.

What do you use your shed for.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very poor shed showing here so far - not to boast (much) but in my garden I have :-

1) a small concrete block shed for garden hand tools , jars of home made jam and honey (was the only shed when I moved here in 1983)
    2) attached to the above and partly buried, another concrete clock shed with an earth insulated roof, for fruit storage and with an old freezer in it for over flow frozen stuff (+ junk) - this one is a lean-to on the North wall of the cottage
    3) a double decker wooden and corrugated iron shed for junk ( on top) bikes and motor mowers etc
    4) a good wooden shed with a strong metal roof mostly for books
    5) a stone and poly-carbonate shed/greenhouse - bit junky with a large grape vine
    6) a large wood and poly-carbonate shed for wood work and tools eg lathe, bandsaw etc attached to 5 above
    7) and 2 poly tunnels an old small one and a new 3m x 6m one which I've still not quite finished off at one end but I have almost done the rain water capture system for it.

All these apart from the first were hand built by me, so do look a bit Heath Robinson in parts - none have blown down or fallen over though.
    Last edited by nickdub; 11-02-2019, 07:31 PM.

Comment

If you're including PTs and other structures, I need to increase my list:-

3 sheds
      2 garages
      6 GHs used for growing
      1 blowaway sandwiched between a garage and GH, used as a compost, bucket and tool store).
      2 PTs ((cheap green ones)
      1 24' x6 GH frame covered in debris netting
      1 Carport frame with a wood and pondliner roof, used as a log store, with circular saw and log splitter and washing lines hung beneath for drying washing when its raining.
      1 open sided but roofed structure over a garden bench and table

I'm sure there are more if I think hard enough!

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        is lined and wallpapered.
        Ooow very posh. Who wallpapers there shed!
        Never thought of that.
        I have some odd rolls, might have a go.
        Jimmy
        Expect the worst in life and you will probably have under estimated!

Comment

No shed here, two tunnels and two greenhouses over the plots. We have a lock up for tools, the store has frequent visitors in the night, so mainly used canes and netting.

This time of year the 8 x 10 greenhouse is used as a place out of the elements and has the normal allotment comforts- gas ring, kettle and a frying pan for bacon sarnies

Comment

*glares at multi-shedionaires*

Comment

It was stories in the news some people lived in the shed in allotment.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Bee View Post
                *glares at multi-shedionaires*

If I divide the length of time I've lived here by my total sheds/PT's (and don't count the small shed built before that) - then the time span works out to roughly one every 5 years - which I don't consider super greedy :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Atta View Post
                  Mrs B's great grandparents lived on their allotment from 1919 - 1938 and raised their three children there. Her grandfathers marriage certificate lists the plot number as his address.
                  They lived in the shed and when waking early in the morning it was apparently sometimes easier to climb out the window than try for the door over the sleeping family.
                  Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Three sheds here. Summerhouse type in the garden, used as a home shed (tomato canes, bagged compost, plant pots etc.)
                    Tea shed on the lotty made mainly from second hand materials and used for taking it easy..
                    Tool shed on the lotty. When we took the plot on we were advised to burn it but a few inexpensive repairs bought it back into decent service. It's used for tools and taking a leak.
                    Ideal unisex watering can for taking a lotty leak (thanks for the original idea VC ) https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/...-art-80418589/
                    Last edited by Mr Bones; 13-02-2019, 07:44 AM. Reason: link
                    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Originally posted by Atta View Post
                      There are some on here who should consider it - as they're always moaning that their OH won't let them grow things on the windowsills.

Comment

No shed so nude yoga in the garden.

Comment

Allotment shed - usual 6'x4' standard shed.
                          full. Half of stuff from the previous owner that it potentially useful and some of my stuff. Wheelbarrow(s), allotment tools etc.

The garage at home has the good garden tools (and motorbikes, and garden railway stuff, and mechanics tools etc).

the shedlet in the garden has the lawnmower, the paddling pool, the hoses and the barbecue in....

Comment

Does a garage count as a shed?
                            In 40 years mine has never had a car in it, and it's even difficult to get me in it.
                            Just full of junk, some of which is garden stuff.
                            Originally the roof was covered in felt and was basically a swiming pool. The contents were never dry.
                            Had it covered with corrugated aluminium a few years ago. No problem since.

I have come to the conclusion that saving stuff because it might be useful in the future is pointless.
                            In general you can't find it when required.
                            Better to bin it and buy new if and when the need arises.
                            What do you think.
                            Jimmy
                            Last edited by Jimmy; 14-02-2019, 07:45 AM.
                            Expect the worst in life and you will probably have under estimated!

Comment

My hubbys garden shed contains everything gardening, plus a bench to relax on
                              It’s very organised and even I can find what I need.
                              It is also at the flowery end of the garden, so very pretty in summer.
                              He also keeps his aircraft magazines and binoculars there as well. Best place for them.
                              Nannys make memories

Comment

We’ve got the garage which is full of DIY stuff bits of wood, a chest freezer, car cleaning stuff a trailer and my heated prop with seedlings a green shed that’s seen better days full of home brew stuff and a few stored carrots spuds and parsnips that need eating a summerhouse with fridge bbq and a tv next door was getting rid of but still worked so good for bbqs if sports are on for the fellas and a tool shed too! Oh and 2 greenhouses that desperately need a clean!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X