Eye to Eye with my Sweetcorn

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye to Eye with my Sweetcorn

I know I am of the vertically challenged group, but my sweetcorn are now five foot high!

and yes I had to kneel down to take the second photo to get it all in

And I had some great first earlies and my first ever Savoy cabbage.

A happy chappy tonight
    Attached Files
    ~
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
    ~ Mary Kay Ash

Just brilliant Jennie. My corn is not as high - well as an elephant's eye - but it does have tassles the same as yours. All we have to do now is get some edible cobs. We are both outside the climatic zone in which it can be grown, so a real challenge.
    My savoy cabbage are brilliant too. Shame neither of them are in the virtual comp. Maybe we can enter under any other vegetable. Since we can only enter one in the class, I'm having to think about that one. Another challenge - got to put something in, but what ?

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

You on radioactive soil Jennie?????
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Well done - the result of much hard work and TLC I'm sure.
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Well done Jennie. My blue sweetcorn are taller than me (5' 2") but they don't have flowers on yet. My Swift are about 2 foot tall and have flowers but no tassles
          Happy Gardening,
          Shirley

Comment

My Swift are pathetic, about 2 feet tall. My Minipop are doing well, nearly as tall as me (5') and have red tassels. I didn't realise they grew that tall - I was expecting miniatures. Anyone grown them before?

Comment

Originally posted by rustylady View Post
              My Swift are pathetic, about 2 feet tall. My Minipop are doing well, nearly as tall as me (5') and have red tassels. I didn't realise they grew that tall - I was expecting miniatures. Anyone grown them before?
              I am growing those for the first time this year - they are now 8 inches tall so I don't think they will produce anything. Probably not been helped by me being late planting them out due to poor health. will try them again next year and see if they do better.
              Happy Gardening,
              Shirley

Comment

My minipop RL are about 5 foot but no tassels yet. I did sow them about 3 weeks later than the bigger ones. I hadn't realised they grew so tall either and the back ones are pushing up the plastic on teh tunnel!
                ~
                Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
                ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X