Its On - The Virtual Vegetable Show

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PW
    I think answer wil be same but just checking. So if I have seven varieties of spud, I can only enter a plate of three for one of the varieties and not seven plates of three - one for each variety ?
    Rat

British by birth
    Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
    http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

A question on the 5 tomatoes. Do the five have to be of the same variety or can I enter 5 of mixed varieties?

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Unfortunately for you lot Jennie and I are the judges.

We may well enter categories just for the fun of it but will not be able to win, saving all of the goodies for you wonderful peeps. Entries have started to come in but please do not feel that your fruit and veg are not up to the job, everyone has a chance, Jennie and I are easily amused and something that brings a smile to our faces might just tilt the balance in your favour.

This virtual show is about having some fun as well as being slightly more serious with regard to who takes home bragging rights for class winning fruit and veg.

Enjoy.

Comment

I don't see a category for brassicas - do they come under the Any Other Veg group? Sorry, bit of a 'duhhh' question!!
          Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Just checked moggssue, I was sure there was a brassica category!

I'll speak to the powers that be .................
            ~
            Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
            ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Is there a separate category for chillies?

Can I use the pic I posted of my rude chilli for the strange shaped veg contest?
              Happy Gardening,
              Shirley

Comment

Shame you can't enter a section more than once with different varieties. Specially spuds and beans. I've entered 3 runner beans, but the french ones are just coming good.

Comment

Originally posted by rustylady View Post
                  Shame you can't enter a section more than once with different varieties. Specially spuds and beans. I've entered 3 runner beans, but the french ones are just coming good.
                  Can you not just edit your first exhibit and change the photo to the best you have?
                  Last edited by Snadger; 07-08-2007, 06:07 AM.
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by kernowyon
                    at least your entries have been accepted. i was asked if mine were a joke or if i cheated and got removed
                    obviously not in the right clique
                    Sorry Kernowyon, I don't know what that's about. I don't think there are any cliques on the Vine . I find it a place which is open and welcoming to everybody.(If it wasn't I wouldn't be here)
                    Maybe you're disappointed at what you can enter in the competition. I know how you feel. In the specific categories I don't think I've got anything special. In the "other" categories, I could show with pride, BUT only one entry allowed WHICH ONE to enter. I'm just taking my pics and I'll decide later. Got until September to decide. At the moment I'm thinking chillies, or peppers but haven't seen the final result of the squash - or maybe even the corn. I can't show them all so have to choose one .
                    Good luck with what you've entered. It is just for fun so enjoy.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

The competition is open until September. You can keep your pics and decide later which one to enter. Oh decisions ! decisions!

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Thanks Jennie! I've looked again and can't see a brassica category?!
                        Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Can I please ask that all entries are accompanied by clear labelling so that there can be no unfortunate misunderstandings as there has obviously been already.

If two entries are posted on the thread, they will be deleted until you have indicated which entry you wish to keep.

Thanks.
                          ~
                          Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
                          ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Please everyone, can we keep this friendly? As Alice said (and I agree) we are members of the Vine because it is open to everyone and everyone is treated with respect. I hope it will continue like this. PS I've eaten the french beans, so the runners will have to stand as my entry in the bean class for now. Jennie, if we get better pics later, can we post them and delete the earlier ones, or will this make life too complicated. I'm still trying to find 3 spuds as good as the ones that have been posted. Mine taste good, but don't look as good.

Comment

Please everyone, can we keep this friendly? As Alice said (and I agree) we are members of the Vine because it is open to everyone and everyone is treated with respect. I hope it will continue like this. PS I've eaten the french beans, so the runners will have to stand as my entry in the bean class for now. Jennie, if we get better pics later, can we post them and delete the earlier ones, or will this make life too complicated. I'm still trying to find 3 spuds as good as the ones that have been posted. Mine taste good, but don't look as good.
                              LOL - I am trying to find 3 spuds that I grew this year Would love to know if I can use a previously posted pic for the strange shaped veg category too.
                              Happy Gardening,
                              Shirley

Comment

It's a lovely idea...

but I'm sad because most of my stuff came in July

There might be a cob of corn later in the month, I guess

*weeps silently*

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X