Bumper Bonnet Harvest

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mouse -ear chick weed?
    Anything with catkins? (E.g. pussywillow)
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Companion Planting.....

I'm a great believer in 'knowng your onions', and Trousers most definitely does....
      On the rare mornings that BC doesn't actually 'plant herself' next to her Companion, Trousers does it for her, and this morning was one of those occasions.

The F1 had wanted to be companion-planted with a baby Jenny Wren at 5.45am this morning, but luckily, the Wren had other ideas and flew up the stairwell, landing on one of Wellie's Hats, and Trousers was able to safely despatch it out of our bedroom window (no, not the cat...)

The F1 was initially very disappointed, but soon forgot about it in the arms of her very favourite Companion......
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by wellie View Post
        requires watering similar to my Blueberry bushes in tubs; with rainwater....
        That's interesting about the rainwater Wellie, my cat always drinks out of the water buckets left to collect it from the shed roof too.

What a fabulous lot of garden loot; so impressed. What 'brand' is the black/dark tomato?
        Last edited by muckdiva; 10-08-2007, 09:14 PM.
        All at once I hear your voice
        And time just slips away
        Bonnie Raitt

Comment

Hi there Muckdiva,

Whilst BC drinks regularly from the various sources of rainwater, I do also 'make good' any IFFY-looking drinking ressie for her, so that everything is kept reasonably healthy, but cats will always find their own drinking source, no matter what you do to help.

The dark Tommies are 'Black Russian', and I was kindly given the seed. Trousers thought they were lovely-tasting..... I didn't?! They were OK, but I won't be 'bothering again' personally.
          If you want a gorgeous tomato that actually tastes of tomato when it's at its ripest, you honestly cannot do better than Ferline (in my humble opinion)

Comment

Well. How unfair is that? She even looks bloody good when she's asleep.

If that had been me, I would 'crease marks' all over my skin, hair like nest, mouth open with gormless expression (and dribble, no doubt).

Actually, my F1 is happy to choose his companion too, in a very similar position - must be a trait of the variety?

Comment

Hazel,
              Don't forget the fact that these F1s are Right Royal Smug Whatsits....
              F1 BC Cat had already wiped the sleep away from her eyes?
              She had 'de-creased' her fur, brushed her nest, shut her mouth to 'cutie-mode' and wiped her dribble all over my hair before she lay down looking that gorgeous.
              No wonder my neighbour's cat thinks she's 'Drop Dead Gorgeous'!!

Comment

An' you know I didn't mean BC, Wellie sweetie, so stop fishing for compliments!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X