My potatoes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My potatoes

Harvested some of my 'maxine' 2nd earlies yesterday. grown in a 50ltr pot 3 seed potatoes in each. Both pots produced 2.2 kg. Is this a reasonable crop, or should I expect better?

Hope I have done the attachment right.

2nd attempt with the right picture.

NN
    Attached Files
    If there is no football and gardening in heaven - I'm not going.

Potatoes look lovely, Nicknack. Don't know about yield. I grow mine on the lottie. Had lovely spuds so far (Arran Pilot), but not heavy crops individual potatoes are on the big side, but not many of them. Think it's the weather.

Comment

Well down Nick Nack. Good looking potatoes. How was the flavour ?
      That's a good crop from a container. I got crops like that last year, but not so good this year although the potatoes were good. Did you feed them with anything ? Last year I watered and fed with phostrogen - great crops. This year I didn't feed except for the manure in the bucket at planting - smaller crops. Would be interesting to hear if you fed.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

How do they taste Nick Nack - that's always my main criterion for a good spud. The yeilds sound fine. I'm looking for a good 2nd early for next year so I'm happy to take recommendations. They certainly look like a nice clean crop.
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Great looking spuds! 2nd earlies? I'm just about getting to grips with earlies and mains! If I get as many as you have I'll be well chuffed!
          Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Flummery

I would recommend the maxine, definitely going to grow more next season. Also they taste very nice as well. Just had some for my tea with a nice pork chop and cauliflower cheese mmmmm.

NN
            If there is no football and gardening in heaven - I'm not going.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X