Virtual Show....question for Nicos

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill HH View Post
    Wish I hadn't asked now, I don't think I am going to have enough tape for a 28 foot sunflower
    28ft!! I only need a small ruler to measure my sunflower at the moment. Is there a dwarf sunflower section I could enter? 😄

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

I think sq ft should be out for this year but maybe considered for next year. Give grapes time to consider if they want to do a sq ft bed or not.
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Bernie, If certain categories are judged by tallest, heaviest, longest etc then why do we have the voting facility...................just a thought. IMO The words:- tallest, heaviest, longest ect should be removed & should be 1 sunflower, 1 pumpkin, 1 bean etc.
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

We,re just discussing this now.
          We do think a change of classes are in order and are up for suggestions, but it looks like we'll need to do it for next year now the magazine is involved.
          All ideas are very welcome- both positive and negative
          Last edited by Nicos; 02-08-2014, 08:41 PM.
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
            I think sq ft should be out for this year but maybe considered for next year. Give grapes time to consider if they want to do a sq ft bed or not.

It's something I am seriously considering for next year! Following a conversation with my "gardening buddy" who happened to have a day out at RHS "Harlow Carr" last week n was all over himself with there "Square Foot" gardens

Got a few weeks off shortly, so gunna go "Check it out"
            Must admit, never really been in my interest! But it seems to be the new "Buzz" so I'll have a nosey!
            "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
              Bernie, If certain categories are judged by tallest, heaviest, longest etc then why do we have the voting facility

No idea BM,I do seem to think that voting has been over-ruled in favour of the obvious 1st,2nd & 3rd at times in the past.
              He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

I think the classes are inherited from before my time as a mod and have just stayed the same....no reason why they can't change though by popular demand!

Comment

Ha!.... Maybe we should include this as a timed event?

BBC News - Warwickshire man nose-pushes Brussels sprout up Snowdon

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                    Ha!.... Maybe we should include this as a timed event?

BBC News - Warwickshire man nose-pushes Brussels sprout up Snowdon
                    Without the face guard..................

Comment

Originally posted by Green Gerkin View Post
                      28ft!! I only need a small ruler to measure my sunflower at the moment. Is there a dwarf sunflower section I could enter? 😄

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
                      I am an angler and may tend to exaggerate a little
                      photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                        We,re just discussing this now.
                        We do think a change of classes are in order and are up for suggestions, but it looks like we'll need to do it for next year now the magazine is involved.
                        All ideas are very welcome- both positive and negative
                        Happy to go with the flow

Comment

I am an angler and may tend to exaggerate a little
                          You exaggerate, never Bill.....

Comment

Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
                            No idea BM,I do seem to think that voting has been over-ruled in favour of the obvious 1st,2nd & 3rd at times in the past.
                            I mentioned this earlier, looking through the old virtual show threads I noticed that the winner of the tallest sunflower in one year was voted first despite it not being the longest!
                            photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Yeh...but remember, it's the grapes who voted for the winners!

Comment

I mentioned this earlier, looking through the old virtual show threads I noticed that the winner of the tallest sunflower in one year was voted first despite it not being the longest!
                                I think that also happened with the Pumpkin category hence my suggestion to do away with the height, weight, length part.
                                Last edited by Bigmallly; 02-08-2014, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X