My very first Salad!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My very first Salad!

I just couldn't resist taking a picture of my very first salad.

It's got 3 different types of lettuce plus a spicy salad leaf mix, teeny tiny spring onions (I just couldn't wait) and lovely lovely radishes.

This is my first time growing anything other than tomatoes, and I'm delighted with the results.

My 'plot' is miniscule - only two 4ft by 4ft raised beds, and I would never have bothered if I hadn't been so inspired by all you guys on the vine! I've now got veggies all over the place, in pots, window boxes, hanging baskets and in my new raised beds. So a huge THANK YOU to everyone

Now going off to eat my Salad with some crusty bread and Parmesan cheese........
    Attached Files

Nice one Jules, looks really tasty! Well done!
    Blessings
    Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
    Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
    Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
    On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

That looks good enough to eat Jules!! I bet it tasted great!
      [

Comment

Cool, the first radishes of the season are so great aren't they Yum
        All at once I hear your voice
        And time just slips away
        Bonnie Raitt

Comment

Well done jules, looks scrummy. Iv'e been harvesting my cut and come again salad leaves for a while now but my OH still gets a real buzz from popping into the back garden and cutting some for his sarnies. Am really looking forward to my first potato, picked and straight into boiling water and served with a knob of butter mmmmm

Comment

Well done Jules. Hope you enjoyed it.
            Happy Gardening,
            Shirley

Comment

Well done you!

That looks really good, Jules!

Looking at your avatar, it also looks like you've used your pup's bowl to serve it in.......

Comment

Brilliant Jules2. There's just nothing like your own. If you want to try some potatoes in buckets to go with it, here's mine, lifted today. Now eaten !
                Attached Files

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Wowww Alice...luv your taytoes!

I do have some growing in large pots, but they are Charlottes and Pink Fir Apple so not ready yet. Do I still have to earth them up? The stems are about 5 inches high.

Comment

Earth them up leaving just the tops out of the soil. Keep doing that till you get to the top of the pot/bucket. Then wait with increasing impatience until they flower or the foliage dies back (with occasional broggling - feeling in the soil) and you get spuds to eat! Have fun.
                    Happy Gardening,
                    Shirley

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                      That looks really good, Jules!

Looking at your avatar, it also looks like you've used your pup's bowl to serve it in.......
                      Well spotted Hazel......I hadn't noticed this myself, gave me a great laugh though.

But I can confirm it is NOT the same bowl......honest!!!!

Comment

Lovely salad Jules hope you enjoyed it, think the pup wants some in his bowl too!
                        Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Everybody who likes lettuce...you must try growing Rusty, its a winter one (sow in autumn), and I've been picking it every day for weeks now. Arctic King was poop tho.
                          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

i would like to grow some rusty ,can you please tell me from what seed company you got it two sheds.g
                            goddess

Comment

Thanks for the tip, twosheds - do you cover it in the winter?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X