Grapes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grapes

Just trying out the uploading & resizing photos. This is a photo of my grapes on the vine, I don't know what variety they are but they are quite small & usually end up getting eaten by blackbirds before they get sweet enough to do anything with. Is it difficult to make wine from them & would I need more, I only have one vine growing over an arch outdoors?
    Attached Files
    Into every life a little rain must fall.

What a lovely bunch of grapes!
    And very appropriate for the Grapevine forum!

Well done SueA, a smashing pic!

Thumbs Up!

Ben

Comment

Do you prune it in late summer Sue A? If so poke them in a pot and put it in a coldframe ofr greenhouse and they should root. You can start a Vinyard then
      ntg
      Never be afraid to try something new.
      Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
      A large group of professionals built the Titanic
      ==================================================

Comment

I did stick a couple of prunings in a pot last year & they seem to have rooted but aren't doing much at the moment, just sad looking twigs. I'll try & find space to plant them out this year but think it will be a few years before I'm producing 'Chateau Manchester'!

Comment

I know of one guy who used to make his own wine from homegrown grapes and just added bought grape juice to make up the quantities. I suppose you can buy it without preservatives, but I'm pretty sure he didn't, cos it was a few years back! Pretty drinkable stuff too!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Thanks, I hadn't thought of that, seems like cheating a bit but it's a pretty good idea.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X