Some of my garden piccies

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi

I'm sure I have had comments about my garden as my veg patch is at the front of the house but never to my face. However I did have a lady stop my wife and comment how the garden had inspired her and her husband to start a veg patch and that she loved to see it all growing as she passed on her way to work. I was chuffed to bits!

I think after seeing the pictures of the coloured buckets however I may be going on a bit of a shopping trip soon!
    Fantasy reminds us that the soul is sane but the universe is wild and full of marvels

http://thefrontyardblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thats a really really lovely garden you have selfraising! what a pleasure to see it. My friend was delivering an old cast iron gate for me the other day in order that I could use it to train plants up and he commented that it was increasingly loking like steptoes front garden!!!!

Maybe so!!! But my garden is a reflection of us, a family of 4 on a limited income trying to make the best of the limited resources we have!!! I prefer to say we have an ecclectic garden, and house for that matter!!!
      http://newshoots.weebly.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/New-S...785438?fref=ts

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
        Tell me about it.
        It's taken me a fortnight to get over a neighbour saying that I had the "worst garden in the street".
        It wasn't a joke.

I now realise that their idea of "tidy" is a square of lawn with a busy lizzie in the middle
        Just like my father in law! One year he very kindly dug out all my weeds/wild flowers so I had a clean patch of bare earth. I find it funny now but at the time I could have killed him. His idea of a nice garden was 1ft bare earth, 1 red geranium, 1ft bare earth, 1 red geranium...

Comment

Originally posted by jackyspratty View Post
          Thats a really really lovely garden you have selfraising! what a pleasure to see it. My friend was delivering an old cast iron gate for me the other day in order that I could use it to train plants up and he commented that it was increasingly loking like steptoes front garden!!!!

Maybe so!!! But my garden is a reflection of us, a family of 4 on a limited income trying to make the best of the limited resources we have!!! I prefer to say we have an ecclectic garden, and house for that matter!!!
          Eclectic is good! I would much prefer to see a garden with interesting bits and pieces in, used in unusual ways rather than a pristine garden I have lots of items in my garden that I have re-used, which you may not be able to make out in the pictures. For instance I have the two scrolled metal ends of a garden bench placed between some low growing plants. At certain times during the year, when these plants are in flower it looks like a flower bench
          The wooden slats of the bench, I re-used to make a framework which I have hung on my shed wall. It has butchers hooks on it to hang plant pots on and some of my hand tools.
          I also have an old tin bath in which there is a Gunnera.
          AKA Angie

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
            Well done Selfraising - what a lot you have crammed into a small garden - a lesson for us all. And it all looks so lovely too - I bet you love just being out there in the garden!
            You just took the words right out of my mouth yes what a lot there is there! GOOS STUFF!
            Live like you never lived before!

Laugh Like you never laughed before!

Love like you never loved before!

One Love & Unity

http://iriejans.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X