No announcement yet.

Tallest bolted lettuce competition....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tallest bolted lettuce competition....

OK - so here is an idea...
    How about a competition to see who can grow the tallest bolted lettuce??
    We all have a few which go to seed ( I too can be good at neglect from time to time!!) so it can't be too difficult to enter!
    Just thought it would be fun to see a few photos ( and in my case...learn to post a photo!) - the tallest I have seen was over 3ft high!
    Maybe an adult and children's section?
    What do you others think??
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

I was leaving mine to bolt, for self-seedlings. Got to 3 foot then mother weeded it. Thanks mum
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I think we could go for that Nicos. I'm always up for a challenge. Sounds like a sure fire way to make sure our lettuce doesn't bolt. Maybe we should have one for spinach too.
      But talking of competitions - I thought we were having some cyber competitions for the Vine and we were waiting to hear details. Or did I just dream that. I'm sure Snadger was asking for info because he needed to get his stuff planted. And I would need to get mine planted too. L J ??

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Yes Alice we are. I need to sort out the arrangements with Dave but he has been very busy for the last month or so.

Just grow your vegetables and fruit as usual. Plant what you normally do.
        [

Comment

Glad i didn't just dream that L J Now that would be a worry

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Sounds like a fun idea. Would I need to get Miss EB to stand still for 30 seconds next to my tallest one armed with Mr EB's six foot spirit level (I'm never that good) to take a photo.

I suppose it is one way to ensure I get to grips with the photo thingy that I keep putting off.

Today it's housework.
            Bright Blessings
            Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Well mine won't win. It's started to wilt and some of the leaves are yellowing.

No big deal i've another two lots growing although for some reason they don't taste like rocket salad at all which is a shame.

On a plus note it looks like the Mother of all rocket plants (well it was!) might have seeds. There are groups of small pods that look seedlike.

Photo's in this thread http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...splay.php?f=36

The Gardener

Comment

What am I on about it is this thread!

Comment

I'll nip home and get a piccie. I have 3 growing for seed. I'l take the onions as well.

Phreddy

Comment

Here it is 1 metre high plus a little. If there is a photo finish I will measure it exactly

Phreddy
                    Attached Files

Comment

my "Rusty" was going great guns, till the gales got it. Still bolting, but is now doing so in a horizontal fashion.
                      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X